Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Post-modern Post?

Pomopoli is not about partisanship, ideology, or politics  - it is about a different way of practicing politics, which people of different political ideologies can support and implement. In other words, people who believe in pomopoli agree on a how policy should be debated, without necessarily agreeing on the policy itself.

How else could I give props to the National Post?

In an editorial today, they take the Conservatives to task for publicly supporting an airline passenger bill of rights because it is politically attractive, while privately assuring the industry that they need not worry because no one really believes in the bill.

Here it is.

While I'm not sure I agree with the Post's position on the passenger rights issue, I certainly agree with their idea that the government (and all political parties, I'll add) should say what it means and mean what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment